Monday, November 30, 2009

Mission Accomplished!


PTL Nablopomo is over!! I can't believe I stuck with this challenge - with this post I surpass my goal and mark 31 posts in 30 days!! Hope you've enjoyed reading my ramblings, and that you don't go through any major withdrawal while I take a short hiatus from blogging this next week.

I had a great 5 days off for Thanksgiving. I was able to spend time with my family, do most of my Christmas decorating, hang out with my roommate, see New Moon again, spend some time with Houston's homeless, and sleep, sleep, sleep! Unfortunately the gym isn't on that list...but I'll be making my return this week, no if's and's or but's!
This week will be pretty busy at work, which I hope means the week will fly by! Tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for a few procedures in the Imaging Department, and Wednesday I'm headed to a local high school to speak to the Family Consumer Science class about my job and other careers in Child Development. I've been wanting to do this kind of thing since I started at my job 2 years ago, so I hope it goes well. I think if I ever change careers I'd love teaching the FCS class at the high school level. Nutrition, Interior Design, Child Development...all great things!
Thursday I'll teach our Sibling Silly class, where I talk with boys and girls ages 3-10 about 'what is ok and not ok to do with your new baby brother/sister'. It's lots of fun. Somewhere in there I've got church, and a friend is having a Pampered Chef party so I might hit that up to find a few gifts for some on my list, then Friday night is a friend's wedding shower...so it'll be a busy week!

I'm really excited December is finally here, it's felt wierd being in a Christmas mindset the past few weeks, while November is still on the calendar. I'll leave you with a cute picture of my little turkey chillin under the tree. Signing out for November, thanks for reading and don't forget to leave some comment love!

3 comments:

elyse said...

I have really enjoyed reading your creative blog... in fact it has made me want to start using our blog. We will see

Anonymous said...

Wonderful month of posts. I've been spoiled and miss reading them every day. Please don't wait too long to write again!?!? Mom

jennifer's junipers said...

yeah i'm going through blog withdrawls! you need to post soon, i need to something to entertain me while I'm at work! Your blogs are the best.

Dont forget to check me out at jennifersjunipers.blogspot.com