Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Tree poll



Last night as we do every year, I helped my parents put together their Christmas tree. Well I have to confess, I did a few branches then passed out on the couch. Darn you, tryptophan! Anyway, I awoke to find the tree completely assembled, lights and all. I've been watching them today as I've hung out here, and it's got me wondering...what's the most popular kind of Christmas tree light? I prefer all white lights, and although mine don't twinkle I'd be OK with some that do. My parents on the other hand have multicolor lights that go through a few different twinkling patterns. It makes me dizzy.
What kind of lights do you have for your tree? And while we're at it, do you go for a real tree or have an artificial? Do you have a specific day you put your tree up? Any traditions for while you trim the tree?
Gotta run, Dad's busting out the ornaments, which means mom will soon put on Christmas music and serve egg nog! Happy Tree Trimming!

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Unfortunatly I have not put up a tree in three years. But if I did it would be a simple tree. Real would be great. We would use only the small white lights and hang red and silver ball ornaments. I would probably not put a topper on. :)When Avery is older then we can use the colorful lights and hang all his special ornaments on it!