Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I have several things to be thankful for this year, but I hope you know that if you're a friend or family member you're especially high on the list of things I thanked God for today!
I got to spend the day with my parents, brother Brad, Dee Dah & Paw Paw, Uncle Steve & Aunt Cara, Uncle David, and cousins Garrett, Connor & Audrey. My sweet cousin Audrey enjoyed shelling the walnuts she found on her nature walk and fed them to a very grateful Willow.


We had an incredible feast and for the first time in years I managed to enjoy my meal but avoided being too full and feeling sick to my stomach when I was finished! Here's our menu:
With all the family in town we go for buffet style, here's a shot of the grub!



I was in charge of a few things, one being the pumpkin pie. I tried to get creative this year and make cut out leaf shapes to lay around the top of the pie. It didn't turn out as perfect as the picture I had in my head from the Williams Sonoma ad, but it was fun making it!

I definitely took the time to enjoy my favorite desserts, including some cookies and candy made by my Dee Dah & Paw Paw!


Hope you all had wonderful celebrations with the ones you love! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: