Saturday, November 28, 2009

FTSK!



Tonight I tagged along with my brother to see Forever the Sickest Kids, a punk/emo/rock band made up of 6 guys from Texas. Brad became friends with Jonathan Cook, the lead singer when they were in school at DBU, and now that FTSK is signed by Universal/Motown records, they spend most of their time on tour. Brad has kept in touch with Jonathan and lately this little band has been getting some serious face time...for example #5 on iTunes last week after the release of their new album The Weekend: Friday. If you don't know them already I suggest downloading their first album Underdog Alma Mater. Good music to work out to, and there are plenty of opportunities for a good air drum/air guitar solo!
Anyway, tonight Brad got us on the guest list, and we hung out with a few band members a bit pre-show (another post on that coming) and then got to watch the show from side/backstage. I thought it was pretty cool, although I got kind of lame pics. However the best part might have been as we were leaving (we walked out with the band) the guys got on their bus to shower, and while my brother hopped on to say goodbye I waited outside the bus with screaming 13 year old fans. The conversation went a little something like this...
Fan: So do you like actually like KNOW them personally?
Me: Well my brother went to school with Jonathan, the lead singer, and we've just been hanging out today.
Fan: OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE NOOOO IDEA HOW JEALOUS OF YOU I AM RIGHT NOW. OH MY GOD!!!
Oh to be 13 and in love....haha!
Anyway, a few pictures from the show.
Um, check out that bling bling mic stand, what do I have to do to get one of those??


Hanging out behind the barracades, there was some crazy mosh/crowd surfing going on.

No comments: