Thursday, November 12, 2009

Enter the red cup...

I've been complaining lately about how quickly Christmas decorations have popped up this year. I mean, REALLY PEOPLE? NOVEMBER 1?? What's happening to Thanksgiving?? Ughh. Don't get me started. However, one thing that I can't resist is the cheery red cup that Starbucks brings out this time of year, leaving me dreaming of a minty warm drink. I've been doing my best to hold off on visiting Starbucks until the actual Christmas season, and when I do find myself being called by that darn green siren/mermaid I try to enjoy a good Pumpkin Spice Latte or some other fall flavored beverage.

Today though, well, today I snapped. I was in the Med Center for a meeting and walked by 3 Starbucks on my way to the conference room, and by the time I was headed home I just HAD TO HAVE A RED CUP! So I gave in, and got a tall Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Also known as Christmas in a cup! I've decided the only thing worse than holidays being pushed on you too early is trying to avoid that holiday and ending up like Scrooge. So, Happy 2009 Holidays everyone, let the party season begin!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! I wanna go!!!! Karo

"L" said...

I have an early morning/all day training tomorrow and I will be treating myself to a peppermint latte!