Sunday, December 13, 2009

Open House Christmas edition

Last December I shared a few of the items that I'd collected to help me decorate my home for Christmas. This year I dug out all the same stuff, and added a bit more! I can see how people grow weary of the Christmas decorating job when they've had many years to collect decorations, but for now I love finding each thing a place in my home. As I mentioned last year I have a mental connection between the words Christmas & sparkly, so there's lots of glitter right now! Hope you enjoy peeking at my decorations as much as I do!Lighted garland for my door, and my little log reindeer made it a whole year in the flower bed without rotting! He just needs new antlers, and is quite happy under my little red berry bush!

Entry way snapshot, including new lamp that I waited forever to get! The little green tree was my only tree in college, and the wire tree on the bottom was my secret santa gift this year!

Even the piano needed a little sparkle!



I've become obsessed with the etched mercury look I started last year with the purchase of a couple of candle pillars. This year I added these oversized ornaments from PB, laid my sparkly garland and a few ornaments to another glass canister. This looks really good at night when the candles are lit.

Below is a new lit star I got for the wall, I just can't pass up a good Texas star!
The kitchen table is a perfect home for my flocked hydrangeas, and I added some votives with mirrors that make it a sparkly centerpiece when the candles are lit!


Now on to my favorite room of the house! Last year the Christmas tree was in a different place, visible from the street. With new furniture this year it didn't fit in the old place but I absolutely LOVE the new layout. It's such a happy room!



Come visit soon, we have lots of tasty treats and Willow would love to cuddle with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I'd love to come sit, have tasty treats, and cuddle with Willow. I'll try hard to get my jobs done this week so we can have time to enjoy it soon. Mom

Lindsay said...

looks so good! i love your pillows!!