Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve has been absolutely wonderful for me! My whole entire family has been here and we were able to do my absolute favorite Christmas tradition! Nothing makes me happier than attending the Christmas Eve service with my whole family, and this year we did it in style! My favorite part is always the end as we sing Silent Night and light up the sanctuary with candlelight!
Emmy helped Uncle Brad blow out his candle after we sang Silent Night. She was such a trooper during church! She and her sister Hayden had the cutest matching Christmas dresses!
After church we always go to my Uncle Mark and Aunt Linda's house for a big Christmas Eve dinner with my Gramma Rowe and a bunch of family friends. It's so fun to see all the kids in their Christmas attire, & there's always tons of good food so we really have a great time!
At Mark & Linda's house there was no shortage of attention for my nieces! My cousin Laura and a few of her friends had a GREAT time playing with Emmy and practically held her hand everywhere she went!
Karo and Ava, doesn't she look so cute all bundled up and ready to brave the cold weather? Also, check out Laura in her cute dress! She was excited to stay up late to attend the midnight church service, a tradition for her immediate family. It's crazy to see how grown up she looks, I can remember her being Emmy's age like it was yesterday!
After dinner at Uncle Mark & Aunt Linda's house we headed home to get the nieces to bed. Greg, Gina, Ava & I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things for the one child who was left at my hospital for Christmas Eve. The child wasn't going to be able to go home so we decided to buy a few gifts, fill a stocking, and leave them at the hospital room door in the name of Santa. I meant to get pictures, but got so wrapped up in the process that I forgot. Mom & Dad accompanied me back to the hospital and we went up to the Pedi floor to drop off the gifts. It was nice to be able to give back to someone who wasn't having the merriest Christmas. After all, this holiday is all about giving, and God gave the biggest gift of all, a Savior named Jesus!
Hope you are able to enjoy some time with your family this night, and that you get to celebrate the ultimate gift that's been given to you, life in Christ!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHRISTMAS Eve service is my favorite, too, and Kingsland does it well. Mom