Sunday, December 20, 2009

Most wonderful present!

I have this brother, let's call him Brad. He currently holds the coveted "Brother of the Year" title...which I won't elaborate on for fear of rubbing it in the faces of my other two brothers. Let's just say it helps that he lives close and does TONS of helpful things for his sister. This year his Christmas gift is an example of why he currently takes the prize. He got me something I would never splurge on for myself, but that I am now obsessed with!
For weeks now both Brad and my parents have been mentioning what an awesome gift he found for me, and have been saying how much I would enjoy it come post Christmas season. I was no doubt intrigued, but my main reaction was that of fear. How would I come up with an equally cool gift for my brother? I'm older and a bit controlling so I wanted to hold the upper hand, but now that I know what he got me I realize he plain wins this year.
Last week Brad called me at work, anxious and unable to wait any longer to see my reaction to his gift. He called maybe 8 times that day begging me to move our gift exchange up to that evening and I had to delay since I hadn't yet picked up his gift! Finally I made it out the door at work, swung by the Ford dealer to pick up the hood ornament he wanted for his truck, and quickly wrapped his gift. I got to my parents house and after some shaking I opened the box with my name on it. Sneaky he was, for it was a piece of paper that instructed me to check the dog's crate to find my gift. Inside I found a large box which I quickly tore open to find....

A Blu-ray Player!! Not just any player, this machine lets me instantly stream movies from Blockbuster & Netflix, and also allows me to play my Pandora radio stations via the TV. Wait, there's more! I can also surf YouTube from this thing! It's amazing!! Brad came over that night to install it in my living room, and opened my eyes to the many HD TV channels I've been paying for that I never knew I had! I couldn't believe I could have been watching such a better picture all that time! Since last week I got my first Blu-ray movie, Julie & Julia, and I've constantly had Pandora playing while I'm home wrapping gifts and cooking!
I absolutely LOVE this gift & cannot thank my younger bro enough! You win Big Bad!!

No comments: