Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Flakey Affair

With the recent snow day we were inspired to host a party now known as A Flakey Affair!
We invited friends over to have a warm chili & cornbread supper, which was super tasty! Jenni made a chili recipe with little macaroni noodles, which we scarfed down! Next we made Gingerbread Houses and got this cute picture of our little neighborhood.
Later we visited a drive through Live Nativity Scene that a nearby church puts on each year. Janie brought over her Chihuahua named Manny so of course we had to bring him and Willow along for the ride. Willow especially enjoyed watching the animals that were in a few of the nativity scenes.

After the nativity scene we went back home and decided to have girl talk time! We put on our PJ's, got comfy on the couches, made hot chocolate and spent time catching up on what's going on in our crazy lives! It was so much fun! We might have even had a friendly Chubby Bunny competition...pretty sure I won with 45 small marshmallows crammed in my mouth at one time. I don't think I'll be putting another marshmallow in my mouth anytime soon!I had so much fun and am excited about the upcoming holiday parties, it's a busy time of year, but I'd have it no other way! Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

jennifer's junipers said...

YAY that was such a fun night!

The Rowe Crew said...

y'all are so cute. i want to come next year!!!

Diana said...

Sarah, this was an amazing blog entry and sounds so awesome. Just what I would expect!

Sarah said...

Man, this looks like fun. Wish I was there!!