Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another Christmas party!

This year for our singles Sunday School Christmas party we went with a Christmas morning theme. Everyone showed up in their jammies, we ate, opened gifts and played games! Dinner was tasty mexican, we did the white elephant/nasty Christmas gift exchange, and the game was lifesize candy land!


Here's the gift I brought for White Elephant, turns out I wasn't super creative with this because two other guys brought blue Snuggies. Oh well! My friend Sheresa ended up with the pink snuggie and was pretty excited about it since she's got a newborn and spends a good amount of time cuddling! Jenni ended up with this organization pack of notepads, and I got an ornament and some hot chocolate. I kind of don't know if everyone else understood white elephant implied it was supposed to be tacky or unusual gifts...anyway...


After the gift exchange we moved into the church gym where some of the girls in our class had put together a lifesize candy land game board! I was excited about this idea since I play this game lots at work, and couldn't wait to see what the girls came up with! The decorations were really cute and we had a great time playing the game!




Jenni and I were paired up and moved our way through the board slow and steady, and in the end our baby steps paid off as we drew the coveted green card that took us to Candy Land's castle, crowning us the winners!
We were awarded some yummy snacks and more hot chocolate, we're starting to have a massive hot chocolate collection in this house! After the game we settled into a movie area with Starbucks hot chocolate & Christmas desserts to watch The Star of Bethlehem. I wasn't sure what to expect but was told the movie would be encouraging to my faith and that the guy who made the video had used astrology and stars to prove the timing of Jesus' birth was indeed true. I'm not sure how exactly to explain the film even after watching it, but I did really enjoy it and definitely was encouraged by the things that have been found to be both scientifically and Biblically true about what went down when Jesus was born. I highly recommend this film!
You can check out the website here: The Star of Bethlehem Movie
Netflix also is supposed to have the film, but as of today it's the bottom spot in my queue with an 'unknown shipping date'.


As we left we were given free hoodies and t-shirts with our single's ministry's logo on them and they're super cute! We were definitely spoiled at this party!
By the end of the night we had all had a good time celebrating the birth of our Savior! I'm glad to have met so many people over the past few months that are fun, who encourage me to grow in my faith, and who just live life with me!

No comments: