Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christmas 2010

This year Christmas was a little more low key than normal. Neither of my older siblings, sister in laws or nieces/nephews were in town for the holiday, so we decided to mix our usual traditions with some new ones!

Since Santa can't forget those children who are hospitalized on Christmas I usually go to work on Christmas Eve to see who will be there overnight, and wrap a few gifts for each child to be left in a stocking from the big guy in red. This year mom came with me and helped me wrap some cute gifts for the babes who spent Christmas at our hospital. Thanks mom!
My younger brother works for a church so we decided to skip the traditional service at our church and hold out til the midnight service at his church. It was a festive evening with a bell choir, wassail, cookies and lots of Christmas decorations in the sanctuary. Brad did a great job making it all look and sound good! We also managed to get a few family pics in front of the Christmas tree there...
The next morning we made the traditional Rowe Christmas breakfast (pigs in a blanket) and made sure to send the picture of those piggies on to our other brothers just to let em know what they were missing!
A few of my favorite gifts included:
Some crafty Martha Stewart glitters, ink pads, and adhesives. A cute doggy T for Willow, lots of gift cards and a Kitchen Aid food processor that I'm excited to try out! We were truly spoiled!

We had a great time, but I think the best part was that the celebrations continued all week long!
A few days after Christmas we packed up and headed to Austin to celebrate with my brother Greg, my very pregnant sister in law Gina & my niece Ava! We had a blast watching her open presents, like this cute Vet dress up set my parents got her! The CLS in me just HAD to do some medical play with her, and she was so good at prepping her 'patient' for shots!
Later we had birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, and Ava just loved blowing out his candles! It was a great way to celebrate Christmas together, even if we were just a few days off the schedule :)

No comments: