Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cookie Exchange

Each month the women in my Sunday morning Adult Bible Fellowship get together and have a ladies social. Usually it's something casual, with coffee and dessert so we can talk and get to know other women in the class. For our December social event we decided to have a cookie exchange!
This was my first ever cookie exchange, so I was excited to participate! The idea is that everyone makes 3-4 dozen of one recipe (along with copies of the recipe), plus an extra empty platter, and everyone tastes, then takes home a few of the cookies you made! Everyone left with big platters full of tasty treats, and new recipes!
I took the Balls of Heaven (aka Oreo Balls) that I usually take when dessert is required, but this time I added a little bit of crushed peppermint candy to the tops for a festive look.

We came home with all these goodies, and if we're going to eat them all there better be some serious exercising going on!
I'm working my way around the plate, but so far my favorites have been the Buckeyes that my roommate makes, the Butterfinger Fudge, and the cute ornament themed sugar cookies!

1 comment:

Brad said...

so the marshmallows were pretty good, but I'm a little sad you didn't save me some balls of heaven. I need more.

Let's make some popcorn balls soon. I'm up for the punishment.