Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chris Sligh


This past Sunday our church had a Christmas worship service instead of a normal Sunday morning worship hour. The worship ministry did an amazing job of getting everyone in the Christmas spirit, refocusing our excitement on Jesus' birth! We had help from a special guest as well, 2007 American Idol Contestant turned Christian Artist Chris Sligh!
Jenni and I got to help Chris' brother Alan run the merchandise table during and between services and if the CD sales from Sunday morning are any indication, this man will go far! Here's a few pictures from the morning!
Above is Brian Stone, our Singles Pastor, Jenni, Chris Sligh & Me! I'll work later on getting a YouTube link for the songs from service. We even got free signed copies of Chris' new CD for volunteering to help at his table!
It was just what I needed, because the past week or two I've been feeling the stress that comes with a worldly Christmas. (I even had to turn off KSBJ's Christmas music and switch back to worship music to help me feel at peace!) This Sunday helped me realize it's not about all the earthly celebrations, it's about the life we have to look forward to in heaven with our Savior who lives forever!!!

1 comment:

jennifer's junipers said...

I'm sorry but I just don't show my teeth...