Sunday, November 7, 2010

Running again..

Now we all know I'm NOT a runner. However I have several friends who are runners, and when I read about their races, or the goals they've accomplished via running (weight loss, endurance) I'm always so inspired to run! I kicked off this year by doing a New Years Eve 5K, my first ever race. I didn't make any sort of respectable time, and I'm sure I walked more than I ran, but I did it! 11 months later and I'm still not running.
That's all about to change...
This week my roommate and I decided to put some effort in and reach our goals! I'm reaching for running an entire 5k, and to get there we'll be running 4-5 times a week. Last night we went out and completed a 3.1 mile course, alternating running and walking. We'd run from one light post to the next, then walk a post, run, walk, run, walk...you get the idea!
I did pretty well alterating and only two or three times did I skip a running light post, so when I got home I was pretty proud of myself! Today I think I'll ride my bike so I get some variety, but another big problem is that I BADLY need new shoes! My old Nike shocks that I wear to work just weren't cutting it in the foot support department!
SO, I've got a goal, and I've got a plan. All I need is your encouragement, tips and tricks! By the time Christmas rolls around I'll be ready for my 5k, and maybe buying some cute new clothes!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Go Sarah Go! I think that's fabulous about the new year's eve run! I've let my brother talk me into running a marathon relay. My bro, sis-in-law, sis, and bro-in-law are running May 1st relay style. My part is a 5k and I want to run it too. Good Luck!

the G Rowes said...

Yay Sarah!! I'm excited and super proud of you!!!! I want to come cheer you on at a race!