Saturday, November 6, 2010

Antiques


If you've been to my house you know I love decorating. I love Pottery Barn, but I also love antiques. Most of my favorite items in the house are antique store finds, such as this Baylor Bear piece I found in Montgomery Texas.
That same store produced the window frame that hangs in my kitchen, and the door knob that I hang my jewelry from. All fun pieces with plenty of character!

Over Labor Day weekend I went to a few shops in downtown Rosenberg, and though I walked away empty handed I found plenty of fun things while I browsed. Things like....

A white pottery collection, stacked against another simply worn window pane.
An ivory picture frame ready to be repurposed! I wanted this one to copy an item I'd seen recently in a PB catalog, they took frames and ran wire across the inside of the frame, hung it on the wall, then used it to hang all their earrings! So cute!

A Corticelli thread spool cabinet, filled with a rainbow of old thread spools!

A vintage looking gold R, which I found out wasn't so antique after I spotted it in the stores at Hobby Lobby!
A tin shelf that would have looked perfect in my front room...
Finally, I found Jesus! It really is true he's everywhere!! Once I found Him, I realized He was in almost every store!
I love the man, but I'm not sure my next antique purchase will be a Jesus statue...I'll probably just stick with home decor!

No comments: