Friday, November 5, 2010

Labor Day 2010

REWIND- I never got around to this post in September, so today's post is a catch up!

This year my ENTIRE family was in town to spend Labor Day weekend together!! Since I didn't get around to blogging right after their visit I've forgotten a little about the weekend, but I did manage to make a list of the highlights...
Friday- Dinner with Greg, Gina, Ava, Brad & my parents at La Finca. Check out Ava with her little backpack, she's such a cutie!
Saturday- Gramma Rowe came to visit and we had lunch at Another Time soda fountain, a really cute place in Rosenberg. After that I did some antique shopping (more on that later), we had Willow's 3rd birthday party, then hit up the candy store & had a tasty homemade dinner thanks to mom! Of course in the middle of all that the nieces had plenty of playtime with their aunts, uncles & cousins!

OH, and we had torrential downpours that day, so when I tried to go home and get Willow for her birthday party I had to park 2 blocks away and wade through 18 inches of water to get home!
Sunday we went to church- my parents HAVE to show off their nieces to the pastor and their friends, then we had lunch at las flores. Naps followed lunch and we ended the day with dinner at Fuddruckers. Our family loves to eat! Emmy got special permission to stay up late with me so we could paint our toenails, and she LOVED it! I got her nailpolish for her 4th birthday because she's so in love with it now! I'm sure her mom LOVES me for giving a 4 year old such a potentially messy gift, Sorry Jess!
Monday/Labor Day we all packed into the cars and headed to Conroe to visit my mom's parents, Dee Dah & Paw Paw. They prepared a delicious BBQ lunch for us and Dee Dah even made us tasty pies for dessert!



The girls enjoyed playing Paw Paw's piano and we enjoyed time with our sweet grandparents!


After lunch everyone headed their own ways, and I think it's safe to say we were all pooped from a long really fun weekend! Can't wait to see everyone together again soon, with two nephews on the way between now and January it may be hard to do, but we always have fun when we are together!



No comments: