Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Everybody loves a good scarf...

Last month a friend at work asked if I would help her put together a basket that would be auctioned off to raise money for STAR (South Texas Aussie Rescue)
Since one of my favorite therapy dogs is an Aussie I said I'd love to help!

I decided on making something cute for the pups to wear, and something tasty for them to eat! The tasty treat ended up being Peanut Butter Organic Dog Biscuits, and the fashions took form of a canine scarf!

I had experience making a paisley scarf for Willow last spring...

So (with my mom's sweet help) I whipped out a few fancy canine scarves for the basket...
The basket theme was red/cream/black so I went with dog bone, pawprint & cheetah fabrics.

It was fun to help out a good organization while using my creative urges! And now there are some stylish Aussie's running around Houston! I see many more of these scarves in our future, Willow and Harls will surely need something for each upcoming holiday!

No comments: