Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Season

Tis the season to be older!
May-July is birthday season in my world! We start off with my brother on May 6, my 3 closest friends Elyse on the 18th, Lisa on the 21st, and Jenni on the 31st of May. June 4 is my cousin Laura's birthday, mine follows on the 12th, and then June 27 is my mom's (although we're required to celebrate her existence all month long!) June 27th is my Uncle Mark's birthday, then on July 16th we wrap up the season with my Dad's birthday. Oh, and then August 1 is my sister in law's birthday! So, needless to say I've had my fair share of cake lately, and by this time I'm starting to wonder what other celebratory dessert option I could pick for my birthday celebration. All this cake making has made me want to get into a cake decorating class, and my sister in law has inspired me to get crafty in the kitchen too! Check out her blog (Four Rowes and a Boo) for some really cute cake creations!
Anyway I'm rambling, but I wanted to just give a little shout out to my bestie who turned the big 27 today!

We've officially been friends for more than half our lives, and I am so thankful to have her in my life! She makes me laugh, she is the best roommate I could ask for, and we had a great time today celebrating her big day! We had breakfast, got our nails done, shopped til we dropped and then had Fro Yo to end the day! Happy Birthday Jenni!
P.S. The photo of us above was taken in Joplin 1 1/2 years ago, please remember to keep the people of Joplin in your prayers as they recover from the tornado devastation!

1 comment:

the G Rowes said...

I so wished we lived in the same city!! We could open a S&G's cake business! Smiles and giggles right for the s and g? :-) miss you!