Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding


I have to admit I didn't really get into the Royal Wedding hype until the day of the wedding. My roommate had been talking about the event for weeks, and wanted to have a viewing party at 4 am complete with tea & crumpets! Turns out she had a viewing party with her mom, and at the last minute I decided to get up to watch the wedding live on TV.
I'm now obsessed. Here are some of my thoughts on their big day!

She's a REAL Princess!!! HOW COOL!!!!

Her dress was GORGEOUS! Also, totally what I would wear! I've been thinking it's about time for the strapless wedding dress trend to be over, and I think this dress will do it!
( I also loved the second dress she wore for the reception)

Speaking of, I wonder how quickly we'll see her dresses copied and in bridal stores.

I love that she wore her veil over her face, no one seems to do that anymore!

It was interesting to me how long her dad stayed at the altar.

I really loved how many traditions were tied into the ceremony.

I love that Catherine's brother read from Romans.

I love that the priest's comments about how every wedding is a royal wedding, as we are all sons and daughters of the Most High King.

Their kiss seemed so quick and rehearsed.

I think it's awesome that she did her own makeup.

Those official photos were so formal, I felt like they should have been sitting on thrones!

LOVE. THAT. TIARA!

I have got to visit London!

I loved the all boys choir, but some of that music made it difficult to stay awake at 5 AM!

I wonder if Kate was embarrassed that William had a hard time getting her ring on.

I got a tickle out of the fact that the queen didn't sing God Bless The Queen. Makes sense I guess...

I think we should wear hats to fancy events, however my head is abnormally large and I fear a hat would only emphasize the sucker.

I love that picture of the little bridesmaid covering her ears and crying on the balcony while William and Kate watched the air show. TOO CUTE!

Why is there a 5 in the license plate on their getaway car that said JU5T WED?

I can't imagine what it must be like to be her!!


2 comments:

Janie said...

I loved the wedding too. I agree that we should have fancy events so that we can wear oddly designed hats and yes....the TIARA!!! And it was nice to be remided that we are all royalty of the Most High....we are Princesses!

Elyse said...

i like the way your mind thinks

You're funny.

I hope all is well

We should hang out.

or walk.

walking would fall under the hanging out category.

good night!