Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Plate

I have exciting news that I want to share with those of you who like me resolve every January to lose weight! My friend Kasey told me about a website called The Daily Plate, where you create a free account, enter your weight, activity level and weight loss goal per week, then enter what you eat. They recommend a # of calories based on your info, you enter the things you're eating and it tells you how many calories you have left for the day. Simple approach, but that's what I like about it. I found out that my dad has used this website too and it really worked for him! I'm only at the end of my first week, but I've lost my two pound goal which means it's working for me too!
Also a bonus is that Daily Plate has an application for iPhone, so I can enter a food item I'm thinking of eating, then once I've seen how many calories it will cost me I can decide whether or not I really want to eat that! There are lots of other helpful tips and tricks available to Daily Plate users, many of which I'm sure I haven't even discovered! I'm a big fan of this right now and hope that the beginning of Daily Plate will help me reach my goal of getting healthy!

No comments: