Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lawn mowing is a boy chore...


I know what you're thinking...I got myself into this. Yes, when I decided to buy a house I accepted the responsibility of taking care of all the yard that it sits on. The main problem: I was so excited about the house that I pushed to the back of my mind the extreme hatred I have for grass. Sure, it's pretty, and no, the actual mowing was not hard, but grass is a lethal weapon in my mind. I'm so allergic to it that now, 3 days later I cannot breathe through my nose, and the $135 allergy medicine I'm hopped up on has not only made me exhausted, but also broke. It's so not worth it. As I suffer I'm realizing that I'm so grateful that I NEVER had to do this chore growing up. It's dirty, and it makes me glow (girls don't sweat, we glow), and I can't play with my puppy while I do it. I may be smiling in the picture above, which is partly because I was proud of myself for mowing grass for the first time, but it's mainly because I was about to sneeze....for the thousandth time.

1 comment:

Brad said...

well, if Holly lived with you, then she would be happy to drag the lawn mower around the yard on her morning walk..... Dog in the Box is expanding.