Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Willow's Birthday!


Since I don't know Willow's exact birthday and she hasn't offered the information yet, the vet and I decided that for records and celebrating purposes we'll say it's September 3rd. Which means Willow turned one today!

We started the day off with some cuddling and me singing to her in bed, then a delicious serving of her usual dog food for breakfast. Since I had to work all day I tried to play with her as much as I could before work. I gave her a beefy chewy to work on while I was gone and left her to celebrate with Karo.
After I got home from work is when the partying began!
One of Willow's favorite things to play with is Manna's stuffed squirrel. So, Manna was kind enough to send Karo to the store to buy Willow her very own squirrel to take to our house. Apparently Manna was a bit of an indian giver and wanted the toy for herself. Note they didn't even wait for us to take the toy off the cardboard backing...
Karo also bought her some rubber balls in honor of Emma who loved to play ball when she was a puppy. Willow has big paws and uses them like Emma used to.
Canine guests dined on chicken and rice cakes in the shape of hearts...partly because they love Willow, and partly to honor and remember Emma who was greatly missed. :(
Note the party animal plates :)
This is what happened when Manna tried to eat Willow's cake! I guess you could say she's not afraid to put her foot down...The oldest dog in attendance had already gone to her crate for the night, but we didn't want her to be left out so she was served cake in crate! Puppy ears mean she enjoyed it :)


Although she's not big on wearing clothes, Willow modeled the new dress I got her, which fit perfectly! Turns out the toy sheep she got also makes a good pillow....tired puppy!!!

Happy Birthday Willow!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my gosh i love willow! and i wish i could have made it to the party! man, it looks like tons of fun!

i can't wait to see you in a few weeks! and the pup! :)

the G Rowes said...

I love Willow's party dress! That picture of her guarding the cake is the best! Happy belated birthday to Willow from Aunt Gina and Baylor!

Brad said...

i love the pooch pooch. the ears mean she wants more....