Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's my birthday!!! And a bunch of other stuff....

So, in 3 hours I'm leaving for the airport and flying to Chicago to spend my birthday and weekend with two of my best friends from Baylor. Rachel is coming from Dallas and we're going to visit Kristyna. On the list of to do's:

Cubs game on birthday afternoon
Girl time getting pedicures
Deep Dish Pizza
touristy things, michigan avenue, navy pier, hancock tower etc.
Check back next week for pictures!
I never covered our Memorial Day trip to the Houseboat. Rachel got to come from Dallas, and Mark, Linda & Co came from Katy with Seadoo's in tow. I love getting to ride those things!!! While there we did lots of swimming, seadoo-ing, and a tad bit o fishing. Here's a picture of Rachel's big catch!

Aunt Linda had a great idea about how to throw the fish back in the water. She let them flip and flop down the waterslide before jumping back into the lake! It was hilarious!

Last week at work we celebrated the launch of Children's Memorial Hermann Katy, which just means we're officially allowed to associate ourselves with our bigger Children's Hospital which is located downtown. We had a party and the marketing rep brought in high school mascots, as well as our hospital mascot Topper, pictured below...and Clutch who is the Houston Rocket's mascot!! Clutch was by far the best mascot, he was so funny and energetic! My favorite part was watching the Tiger, Mustang, Ram, Spartan, Topper, Clutch & Ranger mascots all get into one elevator!



Things are going smoothly with my house. Last week they began framing the house and it was fun to watch how fast that was completed! I think soon they'll be insulating and wiring, then it's sheet rock fiesta!



Latest picture below, sorry it's dark....I haven't been making it out there before nightfall. You can also see here that the driveway was poured this week!



That's all I've got for now, I should get an hour or two of sleep before I leave!
Oh, and It's June 12 now, so I'm 24!!!

1 comment:

Karo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!!! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! ENJOY YOUR TRIP AND I'LL ENJOY YOUR WILLOW. SHE'S SURE TO BE SPOILED BY THE TIME YOU RETURN. OH, AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME MEET CLUTCH. HE WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!