Thursday, March 6, 2008

Time for change

It's nasty and it's raining and Frank Billingsley is predicting tornadoes tonight. So I decided I needed to brighten up the blog a bit to make it more light and airy, less dark and doomy.
Things I've done today:
Prepared a 5 year old for stitches, and watched CARS with him while he got his chin sewed back together. He was really brave, and for a 5 year old everyone was impressed with how well he held still. It didn't cross anyone's minds that my preparation and teaching might have had anything to do with it, but that's ok. The kid walked out saying "I did a good job, I was really still wasn't I grandpa?"
Made it all worth it.

I worked with a family whose baby died this morning. First time I had worked with a baby who had Trisomy 18, and it was pretty sad, but all in all the family had great support and they knew the baby was in a better place. See ya in heaven baby!!
Ironically his name was Jesus, so that makes at least two of them chillin in the clouds.

In 30 minutes I'll teach a pre-birth sibling class for kids whose moms are due to deliver a baby in the next month. It's a hoot, we practice changing baby doll diapers, swaddling with blankets, then discuss what songs we might sing to the baby. Last month a little girl informed us that she'd be singing Hannah Montana songs to her baby. Miley Cyrus has no idea how important she is...
After the class I'm going to see Laura in her 3rd grade class play. You can expect a whole entire post on that within the next 24 hours. She's really excited, and so am I.
Peace out fools.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a day with lots of mixed blessings. What a wonderful thing it is to be able to make a difference in people's lives when they are at their most vulnerable moments. Thanks for the update. We look forward to hearing about Laura's show, too. Love, Mom

Hey! The next tyme I need stitches, I'll cum to u stead of the vet. Peace out! Holly Dog

Brad said...

hey, i want to watch cars...