Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What happened to this blogger???

Here's my first attempt to catch up, a post I wrote about two months ago...


I've just been lazy, and busy. That doesn't make sense.
Anyway...
Rather than be overly ambitious and try to post about every event that's happened over the last 4 months I'm going to just hit the highlights.

Craft room
After my BFF Jenni moved out, I had an extra room in the house. I decided that rather than look at an empty room that reminded me of my friend, I'd change the space up and make a craft studio.
I previously had a little craft setup in my closet, so I moved my desk, shelf and printer table into the room to set up craft shop. It still felt pretty empty.
Then I discovered the Martha Stewart Living Craft Space collection and I was in LOVE!!!
I sketched and drew the room's layout, configuring the space to meet my crafting needs, and finally selected 3 pieces I wanted for my craft space! I bought the desk in the fall, and my parents bought the other two as my Christmas gift, so happy!!! Pictures coming soon...


Weight Watchers
Back in September my friend Jenni convinced me to go to a Weight Watchers meeting with her. She had been on the plan for a few weeks and was losing weight pretty consistently, so I decided I would give it a shot. I signed up online and 18 weeks later I've lost 20 pounds! My clothes that had been tight and uncomfortable are now baggy and just about too big. I feel lighter, have more energy and just started working on an Ease into 5K program that has helped me begin running. My sister in law Gina and I plan to run a 5K this spring, I'm so excited to complete my first run with her! Gina has been such an encouragement to me as I work to be a healthier person and I can't think of a better person to do the race with!
I'm really enjoying Weight Watchers, and have loved that while doing their plan I have never really felt like I'm on a diet. I can eat anything, but this has taught me the importance of portions and planning ahead.
Here's me last summer before I started my weight loss journey-

Here's my current self, 20 pounds lighter! Still a lot of weight to lose, but I'm enjoying the compliments of my friends and family who can see that I've made a change!


1 comment:

the G Rowes said...

You look so awesome!! You are inspiring and I am so proud of all your hard work!!!