Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lisa's Shower

In just two short weeks my roommate will be getting married!!! Although I'm SUPER sad that she'll be moving out, I couldn't be happier for her! I have loved getting ready to be a bridesmaid and had a great time planning a bridal shower for her. Along with a few of the other bridesmaids, and some of the groom's family we put together a country chic theme and showered her with gifts on March 31st.

The party was hosted at the clubhouse in my neighborhood. We had about 20 guests and enjoyed munching on brunch while Lisa opened gifts. One of my co-hostesses, Jennifer planned a really cute game that involved 'staches and lips. Guests had to guess what Lisa and her fiancee might have said when asked a series of questions. I was running around getting things as I had envisioned, so I didn't really get many pictures, but here are a few of the ones I did snap.
 Guests were given a blank recipe card with their invitation, I asked them to fill in a favorite recipe and bring it back to the shower for Lisa and Byron to enjoy! Great guest book alternative...


Some girly decor to add to the already 'country' clubhouse. Banner had Lisa & Byron's names...







Jennifer and Me


Sweet Jake and his mommy Jill. 

 Bride to be and her mom, Beth

My mom, Carol Rovell

 

 The 'stache and lips game Jenni made. Super cute!
 Lots of pictures of the cute couple in frames around the living room

 Yummy brunch! Lots of fruit, muffins, yogurt parfaits, waffles, quiche, and a juice bar!

 Gifts for the bride above, and gifts for our guests below. Each guest got a Mason jar cookie recipe to take home and make 'Cowgirl Cookies' YUM!

I had a great time planning fun and sweet things for my sweet roommate! I've been so thankful that God brought her to live with me! More to come from her upcoming wedding...



2 comments:

Jill G. said...

A fabulous shower! You girls could go into business!

mackyton said...

Glad to know about this bridal shower party. I am arranging my best friend’s bridal shower party and booked one of exotic San Francisco wedding venues. Planning to invite all her friends and will arrange a grand event for her. Floral arrangements will be done by famous floral decorator.