Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinterest

Thanks to my sister in law Jessica, I have a new obsession! It's replaced my Facebook habit, and I want everyone to join!
www.pinterest.com is a website that lets you 'pin' anything you like on the internet. Maybe a cute idea from a blog, a fun sweater to buy, a recipe for dinner, you name it!  Users create 'boards' to categorize their pins as they choose.
I've been on Pinterest two weeks now and have already found lots of crafty ideas for home, work and the holidays. Fun decorating ideas for when I start to decorate my guest bedroom, cute photography ideas for my someday wedding, inspirational messages and reminders about who I am etc etc etc!
This first thing I made didn't actually come from Pinterest, but from my SIL Jessica again. She is so crafty that girl, and every time I go to their house I come home with new decorating ideas! She made a 'What's for Dinner' board out of a large frame, a little burlap, some ribbon, and chunky pinboard scrapbooking letters.  Use a dry erase marker to write on the frame's glass and erase to change the next week!
Such a cute idea, and so helpful to stay on track with your menu planning!
Here's my copy-

This week I've also tried two new recipes from Pinterest. Such a yummy, inspiring, and better way to waste time online!





No comments: