Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kemah!

Wednesday was a work day full of fun! Once a quarter I get together for meetings with 4 other people that have jobs similar to mine. We all work in community hospitals as the only CLS so we find that we need the support and professional development that comes from sharing our work. This week we went to our system's Southeast hospital, where my good friend Julie works! Julie was so helpful and kind to me as an intern, and was the next person after me to leave the Medical Center and start a one person program. Needless to say she and I have known each other a while! Her hospital had lots of damage from Hurricane Ike, so this was our first chance to get down there and see everything put back together! Her hospital is a lot bigger than I expected, and I got several great ideas from her that I can implement in my work, so it was a great time! Check out the cute mural she had done to make the ER kid friendly!!
After we toured the hospital we decided to have the rest of our discussions at the nearby Kemah Boardwalk! I've never been down to Kemah before so I was pretty excited to check things out!
Cute hotel that overlooks the boardwalk and the water, as well as a really cute little train that carries people around the boardwalk. With shopping, restaurants, boat tours, roller coasters and fountains to play in there's plenty to do if you have young ones!
There's a spot near the water with gumball machines full of fish food, and these fish know it! They just hang out, one on top of the other, waiting for food! Craziest fish I've ever seen!
Here we are at the Kemah entrance with Lauren, Julie, Hollie, Me & Marni! I'm blessed with some really fun and sweet co-workers, so I really enjoy the chances I have to spend time with them! Thanks for such a fun day of team building Julie!

2 comments:

Karo said...

Love the murals, want to ride the train, but I gotta admit that those fish kinda freak me out. Beginnings for some kind of horror movie, I think. Glad you had so much fun.

Elyse said...

Josh and I went there for our anniversary last year. It was tons of fun. Lucky to get to go for work. haha