Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pretty, and FREE!

I've had some leftover gift card money to Pottery Barn for a while now and have had a hard time deciding what to use it on....until I saw this chandelier!
One of my 'to do' items in the house was to replace the silver glass fixture that was hanging above my kitchen table. It was nice and all, but just a little plain for me. So when I found this chandelier in PB's Spring collection I knew it would be perfect to help scratch off one of my home decorating projects! The best part was that my gift card covered the entire cost, plus a burlap cord cover, so it was FREE to me!

In this second picture you can kind of see the glass eggs that are tucked into the nest. I didn't even know about these when I ordered it because there was only a small picture on the website. I really love them, they're kind of a hidden treasure and I think they're just enough crazy to be fun! Below shows the burlap chandelier cord cover I got to go on the fixture. I just love the entire look! To me it seems a bit whimsical, a bit rustic, and a bit fancy all in one!

Also this week I also found a small bunch of white hydrangeas on sale at my HEB, I really love seeing them each time I pass by the kitchen! With this centerpiece, a sparkly birdnest, and dried flowers from Rachel's wedding it feels pretty girly in there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Tweet, tweet! Karo

Lindsay said...

I love it!!! So lovely!

"L" said...

I love the bird!!!