Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mental Health Day

Since my last post I've realized that it may come across that I'm an angry and unhappy CLS....which is not the case. I just had a rough day, and after taking a 'mental health' or personal day from work, doing some yoga, and just taking a break from the routine I'm in much better spirits. Next time someone calls me the play lady I won't be tempted to react with a greeting to their face from my fist! So to change things up I took said personal day, hung out with my roommate, took Willow to Petsmart, enjoyed hot chocolate with my mom at our favorite local bakery, and took Willow on a walk around a neighborhood lake.  Willow has been especially mopey since her cousin dog Manna had to go home.  We kept her for a week while my parents were in Austin, and she and Willow LOVE to play, so when Manna was gone Willow turned into one sad puppy. I got a few pictures of Willow's first Petsmart experience which was less exciting than what I expected from her. After walking down the toy aisle and discovering there was a puddle 'o pee on the floor, then watching an employee just wipe it with a paper towel I was disgusted and ready to leave the dog section. I headed over to the bird/small animal aisle and let Willow meet some new animal friends, including a HUGE rat!

She really like the birds, although I'm pretty sure they were terrified of her! Mass chaos ensued with birds flapping frantically to get out of their small aquarium sized home.



All this to say, I really do have a great job, and I hope that you don't think me ungrateful for the blessing I've been given in the form of my job. It was great to enjoy the sunset this afternoon since I'm usually at work when that time of day rolls around. My favorite time of day is dusk and I am really looking forward to the start of Daylight Savings Time. I wish we kept this in effect all year to allow those who work until the evening a chance to see the sun after we leave a long day of work. Can I get a A MEN?

1 comment:

the G Rowes said...

You are happy to me Sarah Rowe!
We love you. Whenever you need a long break come to Austin!