Wednesday, January 14, 2009

30 Day Challenge


The Christian radio station in Houston, KSBJ has issued a 30 day challenge to Houston area listeners. They ask that you listen to KSBJ and ONLY KSBJ for 30 days and see how God uses the radio station and it's music to change your life. I am taking this challenge and have realized that I am really benefitting from listening to more Christian music, because it helps me to remain more positive and patient throughout my day. My problem is that sometimes I find Christian music to be pretty cheesy, and that there's an awful lot of repeat play going on, so I get tired of the songs pretty quickly. So, I'm working on finding new favorite Christian artists, and exploring their music as well as digging out old favorites like Watermark, Smith Band, Bethany Dillon, and Ginny Owens to help me avoid burnout.
I also enjoy the way that the DJ's are encouraging people to choose ONE thing to change in their lives this year, and are constantly encouraging listeners to keep up the work in changing their habits. It really helps to have someone give you a thumbs up throughout the day when you're trying to manage money more wisely, or lose that weight, or kick a certain bad habit...even if they aren't physically there with you to give that pat on the back.
So, if you're not doing this already, tune in to 89.3 and enjoy the blessings that God has in store for your day!

2 comments:

jennifer's junipers said...

you need to blog

Elyse said...

So I read a whole months worth of your posts. I loved the Houston one. As if I needed convincing of why I'm half miserable here in Joplin... Also I think your job is important and I'm glad that someone is there to comfort those little (and bigger) ones! :)