Monday, October 20, 2008

Virtual Tour Time...

Ok Ok already!  I've been getting so many requests for pictures of my house that I decided it's time to give you readers a tour.  See I didn't want to post pictures until it was finished and decorated the way I see it in my head.  However you kind folks have reminded me that you don't expect it to be 100% model home quality yet, it's still a new house for crying out loud! So, here we go. Photo tour of my house, drumroll please...
                                       Home Sweet Home! Front door with the Texas star!

                                       Entry area and a glimpse of the rug in my front room.
This is the piano I grew up playing & my parents saved it until I had my own house to keep it in.
I've ordered an amazing chandelier to replace this silver one.  Should be here after Thanksgiving! Stay tuned to see...

Below is the kitchen, which has the eating area where my table is.  I also went a little crazy at Pottery Barn this week and got all new 'grown up' dishes and glassware to replace the college plates and plastic cups I've been using. 



The living room is a work in progress, but it's got the basics.  I'm just hunting for the right wall decor and accessories.  


Willow has a play area in the living room where she keeps her toys. Well, more like where I keep her toys, if it were up to her she'd keep them all over the house!
This is the guest bath that Jennifer has decorated since she's moving in soon.  Her room as you can see is empty and a storage room right now, but will of COURSE be cute when she moves in!
My guest room is the biggest work in progress so I'm just going to give you a sneak preview by showing the fabric that the bed's duvet cover is made of. It's really soft organic cotton, the best for my guests!

My master bedroom!  Willow has her own bed where she sleeps during the day, but at night she sleeps at my feet.  We love our room!
There's Willow's bed in the corner next to the window.  My Dad and I built it especially for her and the pillow matches my duvet :)


Since I had such a terrible experience with my allergies the first time I mowed the lawn my dad has sweetly offered to mow the grass for me for a while. He doesn't do his own mowing so I'm especially grateful that he comes to do mine. As Grandpa Rowe used to say, my lawn man has a lawn man!
Pretty grass!  Willow has a big back yard to run in, and I have lawn furniture to sit on while I watch her play.  Behind my back wall you can see there's not anything for miles....wide open spaces!  It's so nice and quiet at night and you can see the stars!
           I hope you'll all come visit and see it for yourselves. Willow and I love having guests! 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm in love with your house! And my favorite part is definitely Willow's bed!! :)

I can't wait to come visit the guest room with the organic cotton and eat off of your pretty pottery barn plates!

I love you Sarah! You have such a happy home!

Anonymous said...

Your home is such a beautiful expression of who you are. God has really blessed you with such a perfect place to entertain others. The pictures are great, but seeing everything in person is so much better!!! We couldn't be more proud of you. Love you lots, Mom

Brad said...

i think willow enjoys having guests more than you do. i like the picture with her standing by her toys looking proud.

Elyse said...

Ahhh your making me want to be there so bad! I hope your enjoying your home! It looks fantastic

the G Rowes said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your house... I want you to come decorate mine! I can't WAIT to actually see it over Thanksgiving and to see you again.. we love you very much!