Monday, January 11, 2010

Sushi Attempt #3

I won't deny that I'm somewhat of a picky eater. However in the past few years I've done a pretty good job of broadening my dining horizons and trying new foods. Last time I visited New York I tried sushi for the first time, and my sushi fanatic cousins ordered some really unique things for me to try. I ordered some 'entry level' items like a California roll, and even ate some really crazy rolls topped with raw eel! I was willing to try most anything, but after our meal I had kind of decided sushi wasn't my absolute favorite.
I gave sushi another shot last year with some co-workers, and lately my best friends Jenni and Elyse have been excited to take me out and help me find some kind of sushi I like. So over Christmas we went to a local Sushi Hana and I gave sushi it's third chance. I ordered a vegetarian roll along with a Cinco roll that had shrimp and avocado.
I enjoyed the veggies that were in my vegetarian roll, and didn't really mind the shrimp all that much in the Cinco roll. I gave it my best shot, eating about 4 pieces of each before I decided it just wasn't worth shoving one more mushy sticky piece of sushi in my mouth. I think it's the texture that I don't enjoy...also the fact that I don't like fish. I gave it a good shot and won't completely reject sushi in the future, but I think for now my sushi days are on hold. Any suggestions from those of you who have learned to love sushi?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make me want sushi again! sorry you dont love it...