Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Willow's 2nd Birthday!

FOREWORD: Laugh if you must, and make all the jokes you want, but until I have human children to plan parties for and celebrate with, events such as the one described below will just have to happen. End of story.

On September 3, 2009 (or somewhere near that day) my little Willow turned two!!! Since she's adopted I have no way of knowing exactly when she was born, so I picked a day and we celebrate each year like party animals! This year Willow and I sent e-vites to her two favorite friends, Manna and Baylor, and I planned like crazy!

I felt as many things as possible should coordinate with the fact that she was turning two, so the party was scheduled for 2 PM, two friends were invited, and I made two cakes.
The first cake was for the dogs attending, and it contained two ingredients...Willow's favorite canned IAMS Natural Chicken dinner and peanut butter. The second cake was for humans, and I went with a funfetti theme for lots of sprinkles and lots of color!

Being the toy obsessed creature she is, I got Willow two new toys for her gifts. Her friends were also so sweet to get her new toys as well, so after all was said and done she had 4 new toys, lots of chewees and cute fall bandanas to wear custom made by Karo!

Emmy was kind enough to help Willow open the gifts since tissue paper is a little scary to small dogs! She even blew out the candle since Willow doesn't have lips to make a blowing motion...thanks for your help Em!

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the party. Thanks family for putting up with my Willow obsession, and for coming to the party with your dogs and bringing Willow presents!


Everyone seemed to enjoy their cake, and no one growled over the last slice either!

Of course the most fun part of all was having everyone together to play!



Happy Birthday Willow!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Willow! Wish I could give you a birthday hug in person! (Sarah...I am so glad you had this party!!!!!)

the G Rowes said...

I just showed my mom Willow's party pictures. She thinks they are super cute!!