Monday, August 31, 2009

Saturday at the Farmer's Market

Recently I found out about a farmers market at a popular local shopping area, and decided to check the party out. One Saturday morning (after my favorite water aerobics class) I headed over to the market and had a great time! Jennifer and I ended up joining a co-op that will allow us to purchase all organic meats, eggs, milk and fruits and veggies! I love the idea of supporting the local economy and encouraging farmers to continue to do their thing, in a healthy and environmentally friendly manner. So, every other week you can order seasonal organic foods to be picked up two weeks later at market...and this week I picked up our first bag! We decided to start off with a mixed fruit/vegetable bag and it was a good choice! Here's this week's bag contents...can't wait to get cooking!
Romaine, lemons, yams, plums, avocados, zucchini, green onions and cherry tomatoes! I'm seeking good recipes for both yams and zucchini if anyone has ideas...

Of course I had to take my little pup along with me, and she was so happy I did! She loved getting to sniff the foods being made, and enjoyed getting pet by almost every child around. It was a fun trip and I look forward to many more trips to my farmer's market!

2 comments:

"L" said...

What market???

Lindsay said...

love the farmers market!