Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big D Weekend

A few weekends ago Jenni and I took a road trip to Dallas to visit people we love! My college sorority little sis was getting married, so I was mainly making the trip to see her and help celebrate her wedding, but ended up cramming lots of visits into the 2 day trip!
We stopped at Buc-ees on the way to make it an official road trip & gave the beaver some love!
Here's my beautiful little, Holly and her husband Josh. The wedding was beautiful, and I'm so glad I was able to be there to see them so happy!!! Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Barton!!!

After the wedding Jenni and I got to have dinner with our best friend from High school, Elyse! We ate a delicious dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and enjoyed catching up with her husband Josh, who sweetly ordered hummus since he knew we all love it!
After dinner we drove a few minutes down the road to visit my roommate and bestie Rachel Ann while she was working at Starbucks. Here we are enjoying some delicious (and FREE!) coffee! Thanks Rach!!

That evening we trucked it across Dallas to stay with my brother Scott, his wife Jessica and my adorable nieces Emmy and HK, or Hayden Kathryn as she's legally known. We were so happy when we arrived and found Em to be awake, since it was about 10 PM we figured she'd have been in bed long ago. Lucky for us Emmy was super sweet and got permission to stay awake to play with her Aunt Sarah and her new friend Miss Jenni!
Em loved all the pretty buttons on Jenni's shirt! She also LOVED taking pictures of us with my camera, here's her best shot! Not bad for a 2 year old!

The next morning we played with both the girls, and enjoyed a tasty breakfast with Scott & Jess. Thanks for having us guys!!

Next we headed back across town to visit the church where Elyse's husband Josh is interning this summer. Rachel and her boyfriend Michael agreed to come to church with us since they lived close by and I wanted to have as much time with them as possible! I was so happy to have so many people I love with me on one morning! Here's a few shots of us after church.


After we all enjoyed lunch at Chili's it was time to head back home. We stopped by a really cool coffee house Rachel and Michael frequent and enjoyed a few more minutes of togetherness before hitting the road back to Houston.


It was so good to see Rachel, Elyse, Josh, Scott, Jess, Emmy and HK! Hope some of you can make it down to visit us soon, and we can't wait to come see you again!

No comments: