Friday, April 17, 2009

Vacation, at last!


I was so excited last week that it was finally time to return to Port Royal! My Gramma Rowe, Aunt Linda, Laura, Aunt Martha & George have been going for years now down to Port Aransas and staying at Port Royal resort during George's Spring Break. Last year I had enough time off that I got to tag along, and had a blast!!
So when I was invited again this year I was so excited! Port Royal has the BEST pools, and is a 5 minute walk from the beach, which was also visible from our condo! My parents came, and so did all of my dad's siblings so it was a fun Rowe reunion!
We enjoyed lots of good cooking, time by the pool, souvenier shopping and of course crab hunting on the beach!
Here are my favorite shots of this year's shenanigans.

The first day and a half was pretty cloudy and cool, but that didn't stop us from beach fun! We fed leftover seafood to the seagulls, and as you can see below I was a little bit terrified they'd peck me!

Mom was so brave feeding the birds, I was So PWWOUD!

Thanks to the beach humidity mom's hair was free to be as it was born, awesome natural curls!



In the shark at a local gift shop, one of the traditional part of the Port Royal experience! Below is the view from our condo, it was so pretty to wake up and see the ocean!





This year we discovered sand crabs that come out at night when the tide is low, you can barely see them because they burrow in the sand, but once you dig them up you can see they're pretty big! I thought I had found the biggest one yet, but it turned out they were a pair of mating crabs, go figure!


This picture does no justice, but the pools are amazing! There are four pools, two big slides, and waterfalls that transition from pool to pool! Oh, and two swim up bars, and three hot tubs!
Laura and I enjoying the beach on our last day!

1 comment:

Kasey Joy said...

I grew up going to Port Royal! It is absolutely one of the best resorts in Port A!!! Oh, and you should have been more worried that one of the seagulls were going to poop on you, not just peck you! haha! Good times! And yes, the pool is AH-mazing! Fun times! Miss you! Can't wait to hang out in a few weeks!