Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moooo-ving!

I know some of you are thinking, didn't you just move into an apartment? Yes I did. After 2 months I decided I'd had enough of apartment life and I was on the prowl for my next place. After a month or so of looking, thinking, and number crunching, I've made my choice!!



Yes, I know it's just a field....but as of tomorrow it will be MY field!! And it will have the cutest most perfect, most funnest little house on it! My field is at the end of a cul-de-sac and it's oversized compared to my future neighbor's fields. I won't have any back neighbors, and the back is a stone wall with trees and someday Fry Road behind it. Luckily the power line pole will NOT be in my yard, and I'll have plenty of room for Emma to come visit! When it's finished it'll look something more like this:


Except I'll have a driveway, and the house will be flipped so the garage is on the right side. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. My bedroom is on the back with big windows, a walk in closet, and bathroom with 2 sinks, and a separate shower and tub! The front room will be my piano room/Christmas tree display area in December. The living room and kitchen are very open and connected by archways. The garage leads into the laundry room past the 2 other bedrooms and bathroom, into the kitchen. The back patio is covered and I plan on grilling chicken only on my yet to be purchased 'barbie'. You can click on this link, which will play a slideshow of pictures that were taken of the model home which is the same as mine. http://www.drhorton.com/corp/GetCommunity.do?dv=X7&pr=43595


Here's the floorplan:


It will probably get started in 4-5 weeks and should be complete in 5 months!! More to come in a few weeks after I go to the design center and pick out all my upgrades!
Sic 'em new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





2 comments:

Brad said...

great. I like it. where is the room where Holly will stay when she comes over. after all, i will be rooming with her if she says its ok.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited. You are going to have the cutest place ever!!! We both have the same count down til Oct!