Monday, October 22, 2007

So I started a blog.....

I'm going to be straight up with you...it may turn out that I'm not a very good blogger, but I thought I'd give it a shot. There's nothing incredibly interesting about my life, and I don't really have any profound knowledge to lay on you...I just thought I'd give this a shot.
Story of my life:
I have 2 parents, 3 brothers, 2 sister in laws, 1 perfect neice, 3 dogs and enough friends to make me happy.
You may be wondering why I chose to name my blog Serendipity Sarah. Good question. If you google the word you'll find that Wikipedia defines serendipity as
"the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. "

I think that we've all experienced a serendipitous moment at one point in our lives, but the main one for me is that I'm continuously blessed when I don't deserve it. I guess you could say God's grace is the fortunate thing I've found each time I go looking for 'something else'.
Second, I'm a huge fan of the Serendipity 3 restaurant in NYC. If you've never been and you're a female let me know so I can kidnap you & take the next flight to NYC just for dessert!
Third, I also love the movie Serendipity with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, classic chick flick that hits the spot any time you need to stay in on a Friday night with some chocolate and escape the real world.
I think that does it for my first post....I'll start with the bar low and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised if this gets interesting...a serendipity of sorts.

3 comments:

jennifer's junipers said...

yay Sarah! I LOVED you're first blog! Very insightful. I love you. Gmail me later!
Jen

The Rowe Crew said...

You are so precious! That was such a feely good post. And I totally agree on the movie...one of my faves! Don't know about the restaraunt, but we definitely need to go there! YAY blog!!!

Jess

The Rowe Crew said...

Yay Aunt Sarah! I LOVE your blog and I'm glad we can catch up with each other this way!

We'll have to take some pics at the party so you can put them on here...I know I'm going to :o)

I love you!
Emmy